solargaines | 10616 Beaver Dam Road, Suite S-3, Cockeysville, MD 21030
p. (410) 785-1760 | f. (410) 785-1763
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
(John Hencken # 032611-137)
Solar Panel INstallation Considerations
Whether you’re considering solar power for residential or commercial use, one of the most important steps in the process is the actual solar panel installation. Finding the right solar pv installer in the DC Metro and Baltimre area that is experienced with solar installation can mean a real difference in saving on power costs and can help ensure that your system will last a lifetime.
Solargaines comes fully backed and supported by Hencken & Gaines – construction professionals since 1980 for the Baltimore, MD and Washington DC Metro Areas. No other photovoltaic installation company has such experienced assistance to help engineer, design, and install systems that fully comply with National Electric Code, and high quality building standards.
When it comes to commercial solar installations, only solargaines can boast of a partnership with a construction firm that has 30 years of experience with sophisticated commercial projects.
The Sunny Side of the Street: Pre-Installation
One of the most important things to consider in solar panel installation needs to be addressed long before the pv installation team shows up: do you have a southern-facing roof or structure available for installation? If not, solar power may not be right for you.
Other questions you will need to answer pre-installation include:
- solar panels Baltimore, Maryland residents install can be either roof-mounted or ground mounted. We will determine the best system for your particular situation.
- Are there any issues with age, pitch or type of roofing (slate, tile, metal?)
- Are there any potential issues with shading?
An experienced solar panel installer should be able to help you answer these questions and design the solar power system that’s right for you.
A solar system installation does represent an investment of capita. However after the initial investment is recouped (4 to 8 years), the return is usually 15% to 20% per year.
Before the Installation
Before beginning work, we schedule a phone interview during which we pull up a Google Earth view of your site to look for any potential solar obstructions or concerns. From there, we perform a site analysis where we take measurements and photographs and look at variables such as the location of your breaker panel. Finally, our experienced team is ready to safely and securely install your system and get you up and running with solar power.
What to Expect During Installation
Depending on the size of your system, pv installers can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete the project. Your provider should be able to prepare you in terms of exactly what to expect from start to finish. Keep in mind the following considerations, with which an experienced solar installer should be familiar:
- Proper roof mounting can be labor intensive, with particular attention paid to the roof structure and weather-sealing of any roof penetrations.
- Equipment must be installed according to manufacturer specifications.
- System parts must be properly grounded to reduce the threat of electric shock or surges.
- Installation must meet all local utility interconnection requirements.
- Final inspections should be completed by the appropriate jurisdiction.
After the Installation:
Solargaines handles the entire process comprehensively from soup to nuts so you do not have to worry. A few of the many items solargaines takes care of so you don’t have to:
- Assistance with the completion and filing of all paperwork necessary for Federal, State, and Local grants and incentives as appropriate
- Assistance with completion, filing and managing of all utility company interconnection and inspection requirements.
- System startup and owner orientation
- Website monitoring system
Is Solar Right for You?
Our solar experts can help determine your exact ROI today.
Click the button below or call (410) 785-1760 for a no-hassle free property evaulation.